31 July 2011

Dreamchasers

Tonight I went to a benefit concert for my alma mater, MKHS.  Let me rephrase that…tonight I went to see Joseph Vincent perform.  I HEART JV.  As if my previous post wasn’t enough (Rhythm of Love), I must elaborate on my love for JV, Sonia and Sherwin.

You know how I’m into the bullet list thing, so here’s the timeline of the past few days…

Wednesday, 7/27
-       11:00PM – Found out that Joseph Vincent was performing in the 626!  What?!  Thank you, Twitter!
-      11:15PM – Ask Sherwin to go, but he says that he doesn’t really want to go…
-      11:20PM – Ask Wendy to go (because she’s a JV fan too), but she can’t go, has plans already
-      11:25PM – Ask Brandon to go (because he’s into striving Asian artists on YouTube), but he doesn’t really want to go either…
-      11:30PM – Ask Daddy to go (because he’s a JV fan also), but he and Mommy have a party to go to
-      11:35PM – Ask Hongie to go (because she’s Asian too and might like some of the artists), but she says she’ll pass
-      11:35PM – Decide that I’ll find someone to go with me, so I buy two tickets
-      12:00AM – Sleepytime!  Go to bed SUPER excited about the concert but wondering who else I could invite that might want to go…

Thursday, 7/28
-      11:00AM – Text Sonia to see if she would like to go to a concert with me
-      11:01AM – Sonia writes back saying that she’s in.  Then she asks, “who are we going to see?”
-      11:03AM – Explain to Sonia that it’s a benefit concert, but that this artist, Joseph Vincent, who I really like is performing, so I really want to go.
-      11:04AM – Sonia responds, “oh, the guy in the video on your blog, right?”  (I realize that she knows JV from my previous blog post, so I get excited that at least she knows who I’m talking about)
-      11:05AM – Sonia writes back (abridged version)…I don’t care who we’re seeing or what we’re doing, I just enjoy your company.
-      11:06AM – You ROCK, Sonia.  Love you girl…love that you’re so in and don’t even know the set list.  XOXO
-      11:07AM – Sonia invites Sherwin and I over for dinner, so we plan to go to the concert, then to her house for dinner.  Can’t wait. J

Saturday, 7/30 – CONCERT DAY!!!  EEeEeKkkKk!!
-      4:50PM – Arrive at Sonia’s to pick her up (running late, as always L)
-      5:15PM – Sherwin drops us off at the Barnes Park Amphitheatre
-      6:00PM – Concert starts!
-      6:30PM – Good act, but waiting for JV…
-      7:00PM – Still waiting for JV…
-      7:30PM – Still waiting...
-      8:00PM – JV makes a cameo with another performer (good duet, but still waiting for JV’s set)
-      8:15PM – JV HITS THE STAGE!!!!!!!!  SOOOO GOOD and definitely worth the wait!!!! J

The benefit concert was called “Dreamchasers.”  The acts were talented individuals who are striving for a successful career in their craft.  Many of them, if not all, are on YouTube and just working hard to live out their dream.  Their message, said a few times throughout the night, is to find something you love and are passionate about, and pursue it…chase your dream. 

I love and have passion for God, Sherwin, family and friends.  I’m constantly reminding myself to chase what God has planned for my life and to pursue a deeper relationship with Him.  I continue to chase and pursue life with Sherwin.  We kind of had a full day today and Sherwin took care of everything; (1)lawn chairs and (2)water bottles in an igloo, all packed in the trunk for the concert.  (3) Brought e-tickets.  (4)Dropped us off and picked us up from the concert.  (5) Brought dessert to Sonia’s for dinner.  I couldn’t ask for a better person to share the rest of my life with…love you, #1.  Love, love, love my family and am so grateful for friends.  Tonight, Sonia patiently sat for 3 hours +, shared in my excitement and anticipation for JV and also had her husband prepare a yummy dinner for us (and we were hours late because I didn’t realize the concert would be so long)!!  Sonia is also one of my BM’s and I am so thankful for her.  Sonia, I agree…it doesn’t matter what we’re seeing or doing, I love being with you. Thank your coming with me tonight, for sitting thru a 3-hour concert where you don't know any of the performers, for being an awesome BM (I can't belive you bought a book on how-to be a BM!), but most of all, for being the friend you are.  I couldn't imagine life without you; love you.

Sorry for the long post and for such sporadic entries.  I promise to try to get better.  So many life events to share, not enough time, but I hope there will be more to come soon!  Below are some pictures/videos from tonight.  Find what you love and are passionate about; then chase it relentlessly…enjoy! 




And my fave JV (original) song...

No comments:

Post a Comment