21 March 2012

Weekend Recap

Thank God for Fridays.  It’s only Tuesday and I’m already looking forward to Friday.  Friday is like the party night to kick off the weekend.  AWESOME. J 

Since my parents were flying back from Israel this past Friday, I told BG that we couldn’t do our Serrano/Gee night because I figured that we might be spending time with them.  As it turns out, Kristin and Randy needed some help with wedding stuff (4 more days! J) and we also celebrated Thomas’ birthday.  We got home at 6am and by the time we went to bed, it was almost 7. 
my first instagram pic! :)  wedding project with K+R.

Saturday morning, cell phone rings at 9am.  It’s our landlord telling me that she wanted to install our new toilet, on Saturday, instead of Sunday.  I explained to her that we had gotten in kinda late the night before (or should I say early morning), but that we would be ready whenever she wanted to come.  I went back to sleep for a bit, Sherwin headed to the gym and our toilet installing commenced at 12pm.  I can’t complain, I do love our new Toto!

Sherwin packed up and left at 3:30 for Randy’s bachelor party and my parents came over at about 5.  We played some MD, ate snackies, then I packed up to spend the night at my parents.  It was my first night without Sherwin, and I definitely didn’t want to be alone, so back to 777 Laurel Circle it was.  The three of us (Mommy, Daddy, me) went to eat dinner, then Daddy made a fire for us when we got home.  Daddy and I took a nap by the fireplace and woke up again about the time Mommy was going to bed.  Daddy went off to bed and I tried to go to sleep but couldn’t.  I never have problems falling asleep, so I figured it had to be one of two things, or maybe a little of both.  One, my sleep pattern was all messed up with the late night, odd naps, etc.  Two, I was without Sherwin and the world didn’t seem right.  It’s weird…I had all this anxiety days before the wedding, about how I would never sleep in my own bed, by myself, ever again.  Now, less than 2 months after, I can’t sleep without him.  Crazy how that works, but I’m starting to realize that marriage is really two becoming one…anyways, back to the weekend recap. J  I stayed up reading my hand-me-down nook from Daddy and finally fell asleep at 4am.  Oof.

Sunday, 8:30am, Mommy is making breakfast before church and Daddy woke me up to eat.  Late as usual, Mommy and Daddy waited in the car for me and we finally got to church about 10 minutes late (I guess not too much has changed J).  After church, we got a quick bite to eat then I waited for Sherwin to pick me up for Keilani’s 4th birthday party.  I can’t get into the story now because steam might start coming out of my ears, but we showed up to the party like 2½ hours late.  It was all good though – we ate, sang happy birthday, spent time with friends, then went back to Mommy and Daddy’s for dinner.  Nafan-chan and Diana (with Lolli Oli and Bubbas) were at the party too, and met us at Mommy/Daddy’s for dinner and to get the kids bathed and ready to fall asleep in the car on the way home.

Whew, back home at 10pm on Sunday, the Mr. and I unpacked bags, showered, caught up with one another, then climbed into bed around 1:30am.  Another weekend full of family, friends, fun, love, and laughter; God is good, life is good, we’re blessed.  Now, if I could just get some sleep…J

No comments:

Post a Comment