01 May 2012

The Pioneer Woman!


A few weeks ago, Michelle asked me if I wanted to go to Ree Drummond’s book signing with her (since she knows I am a fellow fan), and I was like heck yeah!  So last Thursday, we headed out to Pasadena to meet the Pioneer Woman!

Michelle took a half day off of work and went out to Pasadena first.  She snagged us tickets early, so we got two spots in the “B” group, although at the time, neither one of us knew what that meant.  Michelle spent the afternoon shopping and then went back to the bookstore around 5 to secure our place in line.  I met Michelle after work and as I pulled up to the bookstore, I saw this massive crowd of people.  It looked like it was black Friday or something!  I parked and began walking towards the bookstore and passed group H.  I am looking for Michelle in group B, so I continue walking…and walking…and walking.  I turn the corner and see the group D sign!  I know I’m close, but keep walking alongside the long line adjacent to the bookstore and finally, I see Michelle.  Wowie – yay for Michelle, our group B tickets, and for going early to stand in line for us!  We had no idea it was going to be that crazy!  Turns out, there were 50 people per group, so about 400 people had come out to the signing! 

Ree came a little late (welcome to the LA traffic, Ree J) but started signing around 6:15.  The line moved quickly and she was super sweet!  She signed as many copies as you had and also took time to take pictures and visit a little with each person.  We had our books signed and were out by 7pm, and what a pleasure it was to meet her! 

I’d have to say that Michelle and I, were younger than 70% of the people there (not including all the kids that came with their mothers), so that was definitely a first for me.  Sherwin and I (and/or whomever I drag with me J) are usually the oldest ones at an event, outside of the mothers that come with their children (Hilary Duff concert, Justin Bieber concert, High School Musical events, Hello Kitty celebrations, etc.).

While we were at the book signing, my Mister cooked us dinner (that man is amazing, I tell ya) and Michelle brought dessert and the cutest HK tote!  You know I love me some HK + glitter!!  I can’t wait to use it!!  Thank you, Michelle! J

What a fun evening it was!  I’ll have to share the things I cook from her cookbook, but until then…happy week everyone!
Michelle and I, in our group B line.

 So many peeps!
 
Sweet Ree

Yay, we made it!

Super cute, right?!?!

Michelle’s yummy Corner Bakery dessert (frosting got stuck to the wrapping, but it was still yummie as ever)!

1 comment:

  1. AAAACK! I'm crazy jealous:D but so glad you got to meet Ree. Hmm...shoulda asked her if she's planning a Hawaii signing;) Looks like you gals had fun. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete