06 July 2012

Mammoth Lakes


This weekend we are going to Mammoth Lakes.  Totally looking forward to the beautiful scenery and oddly enough, being in the car with my Mister for the 6 hour drive. 
If you’ve talked to me recently, you’ve heard my growing aversion for long car rides, but for some reason, this drive is different.  It’s different because it’s a new drive for us.  We’ve never been to Mammoth together and we get to take a completely different route.  It’s not our 6+ hour drive up the 99 to Sacramento (woo hoo, we are flying up next weekend, NOT driving!) and I’m praying it won’t be like our recent 8 hour drive to Las Vegas (oil spill on the 15 – BOOOO).  Just as the pro’s (J+Josh)  told me earlier this week, we will be heading up the 395 and that, for us, is new.  It will also be just my Mister and I, and as much as I am “the more the merrier” type, I do LOVE being with just him.

I’m sure there will be a post and pics to follow, but until then, thank goodness for Daddy!  He gave us this trusty handbook and as long as nothing’s changed since 1976, we’re all set (hee hee…do love you, Daddy)!

Happy weekend, friends!       

1 comment:

  1. Um, just so you know some roads may have changed since 1976. hahaha Even though you have an aversion to new things, I would bank on that iphone gps getting ya to where you need to be. =)

    Love you guys, hope more than just you catch fish!

    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete