09 June 2011

Ni Hao!

I think I should have been born Chinese.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not having an identity crisis.  I’m happy and proud to be Japanese, but in a parallel universe, I’m 95% certain that I am Chinese.

Evidence that supports my alter ethnicity theory:
  •   I LOVE Chinese drinks (Half and Half House, baby!)
  •   I LOVE Chinese New Year Cake (is it CNY yet, Wendy?)
  •   I LOVE Chinese Chicken Salad (mommy’s recipe is the best!)
  •   I LOVE Chinese…FOOD.
All the above, really just translates to…I LOVE GARDEN CAFÉ.

I won’t make a list of why I love Garden Café because words cannot describe my affection.  However, I do have to share my most recent experience at Garden Café.  They definitely didn’t disappoint.

My friend Brandon and I share a love for Garden Café (well, maybe I love GC a bit more), so we decided to have din din there last night (after I bought running shoes, which I definitely need after our feast).  As usual, the food was phenomenal, but this post isn’t about the yummie yang chow fried rice.  It’s about dessert.  That’s right, dessert, at GC.   

As we were finishing our feast (without saying anything aloud, I know Brandon and I chose to sit at the table for 4 instead of the table for 2 because we knew the table for 2 couldn’t accommodate all the dishes we were about to order), I kept seeing the server carry around these small dishes of crème brulee.  He seemed to be wandering aimlessly, so I decided that he must be searching for patrons to sample these delectable treats!  I flag down the server and inquire about the crème brulee.  Next thing I know, BG and I are enjoying our crème brulee dessert!  As we were leaving, I thanked him and told him that next time, we’ll order the dessert.  He responded saying that he’d just like us to return (little does he know we have a reserved parking spot…JK :)) and that he’ll give us the crème brulee again.  I LOVE GARDEN CAFÉ.






No comments:

Post a Comment