07 June 2011

Nuptial Notes (column coined by Daddy :))


Since part of the reason I decided to start my blog now is due to my upcoming nuptials, I’m hoping to document some of the journey.  That being said, welcome to my Nuptial Notes column!  I have to thank Daddy for the creative column title and thank God for a creative Daddy (with wonderful handwriting for all the calligraphy he will be doing for the invitations :))!


I always thought Nordstrom was synonymous with great customer service, client appreciation and quality clothing.  The cherry on top is their awesome return policy, so naturally, as I began to search for bridesmaid (BM) dresses, nordstrom.com was at the top of my list. 
Without fail, I found a few dresses that I loved.  I narrowed it down to just one dress in particular and emailed the BM’s for their feedback.  After looking at the dress multiple times and receiving approval from the BM’s, I realized how much I liked the dress!   It met most of my criteria (long, black and formal), so I called Nordstrom first thing this morning.  As expected, a friendly voice answers the phone.  I get transferred to the dress department and speak to Jennifer (I think that was her name J) who looks the dress up in their system and informs me that they have a limited number of dresses and sizes company wide.  She suggests that I come into the store and order the dresses as soon as possible.  She explains that she leaves at 5PM, but will leave a note at the register.  So excited!!  I double check with Wendy, my MOH, and we plan to go to Nordie’s tonight.
We arrive at Nordstrom and get distracted in the lingerie department.  YAYAYAY for Vanessa!  She measures Wendy and me, and proceeds to bring us a parade of undergarments.  Vanessa is exactly what you expect to find at Nordstrom.  She is knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and patient.  We hear the announcement of the store closing in 30 minutes, so we take our items (yay for the half-yearly sale for women and kids!) to the register and check out.  Thank you, Vanessa! 
We finally make our way to the dress department.  I explain that I called earlier about ordering dresses, gave her my name, and just as Jennifer said, a note was there with all the details!  Easy, right?  Wrong.  The salesperson, who shall remain nameless, was the opposite of Vanessa and Jennifer.  She was impatient, seemed annoyed, dry and asked me why I hadn’t just ordered the dresses online if I knew they weren’t in the store.  WOW, not what I expect from Nordstrom.  In her defense, it was late and everyone was trying to close the store and maybe she had a long day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for her. :)
All this to say that we have now officially ordered the BM dresses!  They should arrive in about 5 business days and we’ll go try them on to see if they make the cut.  If not, we’ll continue the hunt.  Thanks Wendy, for going with me tonight and for being the best MOH a girl could ever dream of…and to the five most beautiful BMs-Hongie, JJ, Sharlene, Stacy, and Sonia-thank you for being the best BMs a girl could have.  You all are stunning, no matter what dress you’re wearing.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment