30 March 2012

The Beach and a Birthday

Tonight Michelle, Sonia and I celebrated Sonia’s 30th birthday at a place we like to go to in Sunset Beach.  It’s actually one of my favorite restaurants and I don’t get to go very often, so it definitely was a treat!

Let’s start with the beach.  Before getting engaged and married, I spent the last 8ish years in a small town called Seal Beach.  Sunset Beach, where we had dinner tonight, is a few miles down from Seal Beach, and driving through my old neighborhood was nostalgic.  The way I feel and talk about it, you’d think I lived there 20 years ago.  It’s so odd how in reality, I just moved out about a year ago, but it feels like a lifetime ago...before a crazy wedding planning year, before turning 30, before getting married,  before my new life began.  I guess a lot can happen in 12 months. 

I miss Seal Beach.  I miss the smell of salty air.  I miss the supermarket that I used to shop at.  I miss running along the beach.  I miss the small boutiques.  I miss my favorite flower shop.  BUT, as much as I miss it, I don’t want to move back.  I love the small duplex that Sherwin and I now call home.  I love being close to my parents.  I love being close to church.  The San Gabriel Valley (for a quick overview view this J), fobby and all, is definitely where we belong. 

So enough with the heartfelt story, onto the birthday partay!  Well, our dinner tonight was more of a birthday party, versus a partay.  The partay was at Club Nokia a few weeks back.  J  The three of us all met at our previous workplace, but since then have formed lifelong friendships.  Michelle was my roommate for a few years, and Sonia grew to be one of my closet girlfriends.  Dinner was delicious, and although we’ve seen each other quite often lately, we haven’t had the chance to catch up, so having a few hours to just chat was nice. 

Sonia is near and dear to my heart.  She is loyal, giving, patient, loving, reliable, and honest.  She is gorgeous and intelligent.  Of my close girlfriends, she’s been a wife the longest and the only one who is a mommy, and I admire her in both those roles.  She is the one girlfriend that I also work with, and that’s a whole other blessing to me!  She is the only bridesmaid that bought a book on how to be the best bridesmaid, when I asked her to be in our wedding.  Sonia is truly a blessing from the Lord!

Sonia – Thank you for being an amazing friend!  I pray that this year brings many blessings, as well as rest and reminders to take care of yourself!   You mean so much, to so many, and I hope you know just how loved and celebrated you are.  Happy 30th, Sonia!  With all my heart…XOXO J


No comments:

Post a Comment