14 March 2012

Weekend Recap!

This past weekend was packed as usual, and BIG FUN! 
 

Before I go into the weekend festivities, I have to tell you about a game that J&J introduced to us.  Monopoly Deal.  It’s AWESOME.  Sherwin and I decided to try the game out, so we figured we’d stop by our local Target.  To be honest, we knew J was coming the next weekend, which was this past weekend…and we knew we were going to play MD.  We knew we had to practice so we could be prepared to win when she came over.  I know, we’re serious gamers. J  OK, back to our story.  Went to Target - sold out.  Called 2 more Targets the next day – in stock in their computer, no available stock to be found.  Called Walmart – in stock in their computer, no available stock to be found.  It was crazy!  We still don’t know what the issue is with this game, but after all else failed, we defaulted to the internet.  Praise God for Amazon! J 

We started of the weekend with our usual Serrano/Gee Friday night.  BG had no babysitter for Jakey, so we went to his place to hang out (after we unpacked like 10 boxes…making progress people, making progress…J).  We ate all the snackies BG put out for us, and the katsu leftovers from the night before, and it was all yummy (thanks BG for being such a good host!).  Then, we taught BG, MD!  More hours of MD fun!  I tell ya, that game is amazing! 

Saturday was kinda hectic.  The Mr. and I both had errands to run in the morning, mixed in with housekeeping duties, a stop at the salon with Chels, all while preparing food for our dinner guests.  J and I finally got our schedules to jive and I haven’t seen her since he wedding, so I was totally excited for her to come over.  Aim and Blane were also coming, which was an added bonus!  I’ve been wanting to see Aim and Blane too, and with the little one on the way, there was much to catch up on!  Saturday night was such a blessing – a night of food, good friends, yummy dessert, and of course, some MD action. 
 

Sunday, church as usual and lunch with the young adult group.  Then we picked up Wendy and headed to the valley.  We spend every Sunday with my brother, his family and my parents.  Mommy and Daddy are in Israel, so it was just the 5 of us, my niece Olivia (Lolli Oli) and my nephew Eli (Bubbas).  The girls went to see the Lorax (so good! J) while the boys went to Lowe’s.  We rode bikes, facetimed with the rentals, and ordered in yummy thai food for dinner.


 
All in all, a weekend full of love, laughter, friends, family, and some awesome MD gaming!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment