13 April 2012

Dinner guests

Since Sherwin and I have come home from our honeymoon 10 weeks ago, we have hosted 14 dinners/get-togethers and have already had our first overnight guests!  It has been BIG FUN! J  I should clarify – by dinners/get-togethers, I don’t mean that we are throwing fancy shindigs, but rather inviting loved ones over to our small, simple abode, to break bread with us. 

I feel like I have always loved deeply, but throughout the wedding process, a different seed was planted in my soul.  Maybe it’s because so many gave so freely their time, energy, love and support during our wedding planning.  Maybe it’s because I realize that as we enter into married life, we are going to need all the support we can get.  Maybe it’s because I’m just growing and maturing.  For whatever reason, I just know that I have a deeper gratitude and fiercer love for those in our life.  I’m sure as we journey together, there will be many more posts about the loved ones who have come thru our door, but this one is about Auntie Irene and Uncle Chet.

I have known Auntie Irene and Uncle Chet for as long as I can remember.  They used to go to our church and were my youth group leaders.  They have two sons, Ronnie and Brandon – Ronnie is one of Sherwin’s BFFs and Brandon is one of mine.  Their entire family is such a blessing to us both!  Auntie Irene and Uncle Chet welcomed Sherwin with open arms too, and have bestowed so much love and care upon him (Auntie Irene is the one person who consistently makes Sherwin’s fave snackies for him)!  They are loving, caring, giving, patient, and kind.  They are both so special to us and even though they aren't our blood relatives, they are Auntie and Uncle to us!

Auntie and Uncle – thank you for being so good to me for so long; for being so good to us, these past 10 years.  We are forever grateful for your words of encouragement, steadfast support and outpour of love.  From the bottom of our hearts, we love you!  Come over again soon!!

And on that note, Happy Friday everyone! 


And after dinner, came dessert!  Auntie made these yummie cheesecakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment