06 April 2012

Today, you will be with me in Paradise

My love went camping with the boys this weekend and even though he said he’ll meet me at church on Sunday morning, I’m not sold that he’ll make it.  I’ll give you an update on Sunday night. J

Since Sherwin is gone, Daddy picked me up for Good Friday service.  Mommy was coming from Nafan-chan’s house since she babysat today, and the three of us met at church.  Good Friday service was quiet, reflective, and meditative.  It was a good reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf so that we could have eternal life thru Him. 

During the service, we read corporate readings and sang songs in between.  Throughout the entire service, there are a few verses that hit home for me.  It spoke to my heart about Jesus’ power, His sovereignty, His grace, and His mercy.  I also relate with the sinner who recognized Jesus as God, confessed his sins, and was saved by his faith.

Wishing you all a blessed Good Friday, with excitement and anticipation for Easter Sunday!

“One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”  But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence?  We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”  Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”  Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” 
-Luke 23:39-43

1 comment: