17 July 2012

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!


Last night Sonia and I hit up the Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale.  The sale opens to the public on Friday, but since I’m a cardholder, Jennifer, my Nordies lady, always calls to book an early access shopping appointment with her.  It’s nothing fancy or special, but it kinda nice to be able to go thru the merch before it gets crazy on the floor.  Plus she’s so helpful…if you want something and it’s not in the size or color you are looking for, she goes to get it from their backstock.  Actually, I really like Jennifer.  OK, so onto our awesome finds!

Sonia snagged a super cute leather jacket that she looks fantastic in, and clothes for the kids while I started my Christmas shopping!


 




I did buy one thing for myself…my fave MOR lotion!!  A short story on the MOR lotion – MOR is an Australian company so when we were in NZ for our honeymoon, we saw a MOR store.  I went in all excited thinking that things were going to be so much cheaper because we were so close to Australia, but alas, things were so much more expensive!!  My lotion that I just bought at Nordies for $9.90 on sale (awesome, right?!?!) was $35 NZD, which is like $28 USD!  Even when it’s not on sale, it’s still only $18.  Crazy…


After our shopping extravaganza, we were hungry, and as it turns out, there is a Garden Café (a fave of mine) right down the street!  We stopped in for a quick bite before heading home.

Today, as I’m going thru all my purchases from yesterday, I notice that one category is missing…shoes.  Pretty stilettos or cute rain boots...or maybe both!  We ran out of time yesterday, but also my toe isn’t quite ready for the heels yet…and although I already do have those Enzo’s, I love them enough to have picked up a second pair.  The Valentino (swoon!) rain boots are also fabulously cute but I’m trying to justify the purchase when we live in sunny Southern CA.  :/  Sonia and I are going to go back this weekend sometime so I may have to wander on over, just to see what’s out there. :D



On another note, I’m fightin’ a nasty cold.  Praying it will pass soon!  Happy Wednesday, friends!

Christmas gifts: flannel, polo (found that I like Tucker+Tate by Nordstrom), tunic
For the hubby: polo
For me: MOR lotion
Wishful thinking: stilettos, rain boots

No comments:

Post a Comment