01 July 2012

Weekend recap - Fun in the sun!

I just realized that it’s been a while since I wrote a weekend recap!  Our weekends have been nuts  (most of them have been spent out of town) and I am so behind on sharing what’s been happening!  This weekend was the first in over a month, and the last until another month, where we didn’t have any must-do’s (other than a work appointment I had on Saturday), which is awesome because I’ve actually been kinda fightin’ a bug of some sort…not full blown sick, but not my normal self either…just annoying.

Anyhow, we kicked off the weekend with a Friday night dinner with Mommy and Daddy.  After dinner they came over for wedding pictures and dessert.  Mommy and Daddy are like the only ones, outside of Sherwin and I, who actually are still excited to do all things wedding related and I love them for it.  Five discs and an almond jello dessert later, they headed home.  The Mister and I hung out till about 3:30am, then called it a night.

Saturday morning, Sherwin went over to my parents to help Daddy with some yard work.  I cleaned up around the house and needless to say, even though our plan was to sleep in a bit, we were both up and doing stuff by 9:30am, which I guess is, kinda sleeping in. :/  The Mister came home to go with me on my work errand, and after, we swung by the mall to do some shopping.  Oh, BTW, I have decided that a certain pair of zori’s need not be worn until my toe is fully recovered.  They are the shoes I wore in Vegas one day that gave me a blister and on Saturday, after just an hour or so of shopping, my toe was throbbing.  I think they don’t give my foot enough support, but they are super cute and one of three flats I own.  Ugh, my toe issue is killin’ me!  Came home, watched video upon video of the new MacBook Pro with retina display (it is fancy, folks!), took a nap, then went to work on my blog.  I’ve been wanting to give my blog a summer look and was inspired by J’s recent updo, but I spent 3+ hours last night researching and trying codes and it got me nowhere.  Truth be told, I was super frustrated and in a bad mood so finally I just went to bed. 

Sunday morning, late for church as usual (but the hubby did make me some yummy pancakes for breakfast!), then came home for lunch with my Mister, Mommy and Daddy.  Since Sherwin had a double-hitter today (2 bball games in a row), I decided to head up to Nafan-Chan and Diana’s for a swim day.  All in all, a relaxing weekend at home didn’t turn out to be so relaxing, but I did enjoy being with family and spending some QT with the hubby.  Hope you enjoy our fun-in-the-sun day pictures (sorry for the bad quality, they were all taken with an iphone) and wishing you all a fantastic 4th of July week!
  Lolli Oli practicing her diving!

  Lolli Oli and Diana :D

  Hi Bubbas!

  Cheese!

Daddy having fun with Mommy

  Bubbas sad to go inside…

After a long day of fun in the sun…zzzZzzz

1 comment: