02 August 2012

Hair affairs and a thankful Thursday!


Yikers!  So much to catch up on!!  We haven’t been home before midnight since Friday, so I’m sorry for the blogging hiatus but I’m hoping to get caught up! 

So my hair affairs…well, truth be told, I’m notorious for letting my roots grow out much longer than should even be legal.  I used to be better at it but it just takes so much time!  It also becomes quite pricey and numerous times, my awesome hair guy Stu (which happens to be my 2nd cousin), has told me that my hair is going to break and fall out because I put it through so much (color, hair drying, flat ironing, curling iron, etc.).  As Wendy would say, my hair is definitely fried, dried, and leanin’ to tha side!

Rewind to a couple weekends ago.  It was Wednesday night and we were leaving to Sacramento Friday morning.  My hair was a WRECK.  I know the whole ombre hair color thing is in style (looks good on you, Addy!), but my hair was so bad I couldn’t even pass it off as that.  I was desperate but didn’t have time in my schedule to go see Stu before we left.  My bangs were also ridiculously long and limp, causing them to look like I had a fruit roll-up strip plastered across my forehead.  Two words – ALL BAD. 

So in my desperation, I did the unthinkable.  I frantically called Sonia for help because I vaguely remember her mentioning she had done it before - box dye.  *GASP!!!!*  I know, right?!?!  And I also had to do something with my slap bracelet bangs so I also followed Sonia’s lead in booking an appointment with a salon at the mall.  *DOUBLE GASP!!!!*  Both were two things I had never done before, and actually never even imagined I would do because I am so particular about my hair, but I have to give big ups to Sonia...that girl knew what she was talkin’ about.  The guy at the salon cut my bangs just how I wanted them and Sonia did a PHENOMENAL job on my hair.  Thank God for Sonia! :D

Don’t get me wrong, I do need to make an appointment with Stu soon, but I have to admit that Sonia came through in my time of need (as she does often, actually :D).  Thank you, Sonia!  I am so privileged to have you in my life…not just because of your hair color prowess, but because you are the kind of girlfriend that every girl needs, and few have.  Thank you for always being there for me, for your thoughtfulness and kindness, and for the blessing of your friendship!  I love you lots!

Oh and this past Saturday, we got blowouts, then went on a double date with our hubbies!  It was big fun! 


Pre-blowout…no judging!  They told us to come in with our hair not done and I had been running around all morning!  Although looking at this pic, my hair looks pretty tore up. :/



Curls are tight in the pic, but they had to be that way so that by the evening, they would loosen and fall…and of course, I teased it a bit more before leaving for our date. 
Big hair = big fun! :D
Thankful this Thursday for…Sonia! 

Have a great Friday Eve!!

1 comment:

  1. box dye is all i use, girl....LOL...but i also let mine grow out wayyy too much. speaking of hair growth, i need to do it again! love the curled hair on you!! super cute! xoxoo

    ReplyDelete