16 March 2012

Nuptial Notes #4 – Ruth Wang, Behind the Scene

To all those who have planned a wedding, or are in the process of planning a wedding, you know that there is a story behind everything.  As I reflect on the whole planning process, I’ve realized that a wedding is yes, a celebration of marriage, two lives joining and becoming one.  It is a joyous occasion where family and friends gather, where the ones you love the most, are under one roof.  It is also a magical event, where you search endlessly to find the “best of the best” (or the best that fits within your budget J) in various professions, in hopes that they come together to create your perfect day.   Here’s our story of finding Ruth Wang with Behind the Scene, the most AMAZING wedding extraordinaire!

After we had hired a number of our vendors (10thLM being our first! J), I figured it was time to decide on a coordinator.  The Langham requires you to hire a paid professional for the day of and provided us with a list of their preferred vendors.  It’s hard to know who to call when all you see is a list in alphabetical order, so I started to do some research.  Yelp was kinda disappointing so I Googled.  Who knew there were so many wedding coordinators in the local area? 

Long story short, I put together a list of about 10 coordinators.  For those of you that don’t know, I work in the recruitment industry, which means I interview people for a living.   My mad interviewing skills (not really), coupled with my crazy (really), made it tough on the vendor hire process, but at the end of the day, it was all totally worth it.  OK, back to my list of 10 coordinators. 

§  Round 1 - I emailed all 10 coordinators and scheduled a time to speak with each of them. 
§  Round 2 – Narrowed my list down to the top 5 and scheduled in person meetings with them.  I asked for references from 4 of them, along with quotes.
§  Round 3 – After completing references and reviewing quotes, determined the top 2 and scheduled  2nd meetings with them (my gut had always told me Ruth would be the one, even from our first correspondence J).
§  Round 4 – Decided that our coordinator HAD to be Ruth.  I only had a glimpse, at that time, of how awesome she really is.

I could write pages galore about Ruth, but I’ll try my best to capture the essence of her in this short post.  Half of what makes Ruth phenomenal is simply her awesome wedding planning skills; organized, detail-oriented, good communicator, responsive, knowledgeable, etc.  The other half is what truly sets Ruth in a class above the rest.  She is warm, excitable, caring, loving, intuitive, kind, and makes you feel like your crazy is totally normal and acceptable. J  Our wedding was just as I envisioned it and we couldn’t have done it without Ruth.  Throughout the process Ruth became like family.  Of all the professionals we worked with during our wedding, I really only grew to really love two – Ruth Wang and Addy Gilliam (and the fam). 

Tonight was a treat for us as we got to have dinner with Ruth.   As Sherwin prayed over our dinner, we thanked God for Ruth and the blessing she has been to us.  Sherwin says he misses the wedding planning…I don’t at all, but I have to thank the Lord for bringing Ruth and the Gilliams into our life during the process!


 I should have taken a picture when the whole table was set, but was too excited to wait for everything else to be placed on the table!  Looks a little bare, but we also had some side dishes.  Special thank you to the Mr. for getting everything ready for tonight.  I love you!
Thank you, Ruth, for the super tasty cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment