04 April 2012

Please vote!

My first real job while I was in college, was in retail.  I look back at that experience and realize that it was such a God-given opportunity.  I learned so much, worked under phenomenal mentors, and it built a strong foundation for me as I entered the corporate workplace after graduating.   

That being said, I do have a special place in my heart for retail (and because I LOVE to shop!).  The project that I’m about to share with you, is in retail, and also has such a good cause behind it…wanting to give back and make a difference. 

Our friends at 10th Letter Media (hi Addy and Julian – I hope it’s OK that I’m posting this on my blog! :P) are involved in a nationwide video contest.  Addy shares the story better than I do, and she posted the below on her blog earlier this week, so please watch Tanna’svideo and vote! 

Fun fact – I LOVE a store in Hawaii called Taj of Honolulu and they are in the Ward Warehouse shopping center that Eden in Love is in!  

Hello friends. Please forgive the cross-post if you are a follower of our other blog over at 10th Letter Media. But we really are so very honored and excited to be in The National Retail Federation‘s This is Retail contest’s TOP 20!! About a month or so ago, Tanna Dang, owner at Eden in Love, asked us to produce their video entry for the This is Retail contest. We were so excited. Tanna and her team are not only fashion experts, but they are also professional do-gooders! Their Divas Doing Good campaign is an ongoing effort to raise awareness and funds for various local non-profits and organizations in the community. When we found out which project she wanted to feature for the contest’s video entry, we were doubly excited! I don’t want to give away too much, because I want you to watch the video and VOTE!

Today the TOP 20 were revealed, and there was a little blurb in The Star Advertiser, not to mention countless other press releases all over the web. Voting is supposed to start tomorrow, but…well, on east coast time, it is tomorrow already:) So friends, we are asking for your vote! Well, 10 of them actually! You can vote up to 10 times a day in each of the 10 bracket-style matchups. Right now, Tanna Dang’s Eden in Love video is in matchup 8. So we would LOVE if you would spread the word and get your vote on, right here! We are beyond excited to be partnered with such an amazing company! Woo hoo EIL!”


1 comment:

  1. Leah! You always make me smile! Thanks for spreading the word about the contest:) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete