24 May 2012

colapublib!


Ever since our wedding, I’ve become a serious bookworm, like 19-books-in-4-months-and-counting kind of bookworm.   J asked me the other day, why I thought that was, and I realized that I really don’t know.  The answer I concocted was that it’s probably due to having more time…no wedding planning, no 2-a-day workouts, and also I think having our place, where I can peacefully read, has much to do with it too.  For whatever reason, I’m addicted.

My Daddy recently lent (meaning long term loaned) me his Nook, so I’ve been downloading things on that…and since it came from Daddy, I realized my special hand-me-down nookie also came with a subscription (AKA whatever CC Daddy has on file)!  I also have my weekly NY Times and a few mags I subscribe to.

For weeks now, I’ve wanted to get a library card.  I first was inspired by Michelle, who told me she borrows books from the library digitally, and so it sparked my library mission.  I googled the closest library, printed out the application, filled it out, and have been anxiously waiting for the Mister and I to take a trip down to get our cards.  Well folks, today was finally the day! 

I’m 170 pages into my first rental and already want to go back to get more for our holiday trip (we are going to Lake Arrowhead for Memorial Day).  Thank you, LA County Libraries!

Do you read?  Recommend some good reads to me if you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment