16 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


As usual, I’m a few days behind, but better late than never.  Time flies and no matter what I do, I always feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day.  So let’s rewind a few days back…

Happy Mother’s Day! 

We began our morning at church with the annual Mother’s Day breakfast.  My Mister had gone to church on Saturday to help prepare the food for Sunday, and also woke up early on Sunday to make and serve omelets (still praising God for my hubby!).  I met Mommy, Daddy and Grandma at church (Mommy and Grandma already sportin’ the fancy corsages Daddy bought for them) and we eagerly got in line for Sherwin’s omelet.  Food was super yummie as usual, but the company around the table was the real treat. 

My Mr. Chef (in his fancy chef coat that Daddy bought him…so official!)

After church we moseyed on over to Monterey Palace for lunch.  Nafan-Chan, Diana, Lolli Oli and Eli met us there.  The food was PHENOMENAL!  Mommy loves their crab and special steamed fish, and we had a feast, to say the least.  We rolled ourselves outta there and headed back to Mommy and Daddy’s house to hang out and for dessert. 

Playing at the restaurant – LOVE those two!

Mommy, Diana, and the kiddies!

Wendy met us at the house and we continued our celebrations.  After all the gifts, cards, hugs, kisses, dinner and tons of dessert, we concluded the blessed day, known as Mother’s Day.

  Our family photo on Mother’s Day!

My Sister-in-Law Diana and her kids, Lolli Oli and Bubbas

To my Mommy – I could write 1,000 pages or talk for days about you, and it still wouldn’t amount to what I feel in my heart for you.  My childhood, which is the foundation for who I am today, was amazing because you sacrificed your career to stay home with me.  I know I was a difficult adolescent and I’m sorry for all that I put you and Daddy through, but looking back, I see God’s faithfulness in how He provided for us and pulled us through.  Then came the college years (a lot of them J), and post college years, and most recently, my engagement and marriage to Sherwin.  Through it all, we have grown together.  The older I get, the more I appreciate you.  I admire your faithfulness to God, your unconditional love for Daddy, and the never ending support, encouragement, and love you give to your family.  You have become one of my favorite people to hang out with - a best friend, a confidant, and a praying Mommy…not to mention the BIG FUN you are!  You are full of energy  and filled with the spirit.  You bring vibrancy to my life and joy to my heart…and as the song goes…food to my soul.  Thank you for being the bestest Mommy EVER.  I love you!


And this year, an added bonus is that I have a new Mom too! 

To my Mother-in-Law – Thank you for loving me and welcoming me with open arms.  Over the past 10 years, you have quietly, but fiercely, supported Sherwin and I in our relationship.  Thank you for always cooking my favorite foods when we come home (your eggs are to die for, Mom!), for teaching me how to play Rack Attack, and for just making me feel like part of the family (even calling me daughter all these years).  I know that we are far apart in distance, but know that you are close in our hearts.  We love you very much, Mom!


In closing, the verse I wrote on my Mommy’s card…

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:  “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”  Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:26-31

Praising the Lord for my Mommy and mommies around the world!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL post Leah:) Looks like you all had an amazing celebration. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete